YOU ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT A WORKSHOP FOR Fall MEeting.
Please contact Annie if you need any assistance with your workshop.
Workshop design and presentation is open to anyone attending the meeting. We especially encourage teams of students, faculty, partners, and/or staff to work together to design and present workshops. (NOTE: The Bonner Foundation does not provide travel expenses for partners and guests interested in attending the meeting.) We will offer one elective workshop block. This block will last 60 minutes.
Topics for the workshops may include:
- Social Justice— why and how programs can build an emphasis on social justice and systemic social change; how individuals can be effective agents for social justice through civic action i.e., service, advocacy, public education, economic development, social entrepreneurism; public narrative;
- Community Partnerships, Service and Impact—in particular, we want to highlight high-impact community engagement practices, such as developmental structures within service sites, the roles of student site leaders, structures for partner voice in institutional decision making, partners as co-educators, capacity building projects for non-profits, community-based participatory research, integrating proven program models and assessment; and how institutions can provide needed services in research and advocacy;
- Student Development and Leadership—topics will include effective training and reflection activities; student leadership roles in the program, on campus, and in the community; Bonner Congress Representatives' successful big idea work; and Bonner and Senior Intern roles;
- Campus-Wide Culture and Infrastructure—here, we'll feature strategies for expanding and enhancing campus collaboration, mobilizing other students, measuring and deepening institutional engagement, and integrating social media
- Program Development and Management—bread-and-butter workshops on staff development; expanding staffing; AmeriCorps planning and management; fundraising and resource development; integrating VISTAs and full-time AmeriCorps members; and strategic planning;
Need ideas or help on designing your workshop? Visit our Workshop Resource Center