Become a Site
The New Jersey Bonner AmeriCorps program is always looking towards expanding the service experience and impact of Members. We will consider placements in which NJ Bonner AmeriCorps members serve in the the following areas:
- Academic Performance Programs focused on improving the academic performance of economically disadvantaged students enrolled in grades K-12.
- College Access Programs focused on enhancing academic engagement toward for high school students to receive their diploma, assist them with the college application and admissions process, and enroll into a post-secondary educational institution to pursue a higher education.
- ESL Instruction Programs focused on supporting individuals gain and develop their English Language skills.
- Adult Education Programs assisting individuals prepare for High School Equivalency testing.
- Job Training Programs focused on preparing candidates for sustainable and lasting employment.
- Food Security Programs supporting a variety of activities designed to help individuals and their families enhance their food security such as emergency food assistance, referrals to aide programs, assistance with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Applications, Urban Community Gardens, Composting and Nutrition Education.
Campus-based programs also have the option of requesting a half-time or full-time member to serve as a coordinator for campus volunteers serving with programs related to NJ Bonner AmeriCorps focused issue-ares. These coordinators can assist with:
- researching and implementing evidence-based practices for programs,
- recruiting additional volunteers
- discovering and developing new service site partnerships,
- maintaining on-going communication with staff of service sites,
- coordinating knowledge and skill-based trainings,
*All programs must be able to track the number of individuals being served directly by an AmeriCorps member, as well as the ability to assess impact after an individual participates in the specific program.
Application: Please contact Program Director, Kristi Cordier, by email (email@example.com) or phone (609-924-6663) if you are interested in becoming a site for the New Jersey Bonner AmeriCorps Program.